Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sitting in silence, with questions on my mind.

Just put dad to bed. It's been a difficult day for him, what with the rousing start at 4:30 this morning. We were supposed to go to the doctor today, but he just wasn't up to it. Not that it would have made any difference anyway, as they were going to check his Protime level. Something of a pointless endeavour considering he's not on any blood thinner right now.

I rescheduled his appointment for tomorrow and I will have question's. For instance, the pulmonologist has him scheduled to be at Baptist Desoto Monday morning to draw some fluid off his lung. They were aware of said fluid while he was in the hospital, so why didn't they do it then?

No one has even mentioned when we will begin radiation therapy. Why? This cancer wasn't present in late August and now it's all over his right lung. If it's that aggressive, what in the hell is the hold up?

To qualify, tomorrows appointment is with our primary physician, so he may not have all the answers. Let me reassure you, however, by the end of the day I'll have the answers. I'm really not someone you want to screw with in a situation like this, not with my dad.

No comments: