Friday, October 16, 2009

After being in the dark for a few days...

we finally get cranked up next week.


I finally had the opportunity to speak with the pulmonologist's office today, and I followed that with a call to the Oncologist that will be handling Pop's radiation therapy. Both were informative, and I must say that the Radiation Oncologist, Dr. John Burnett, seems a bit of a 'firebrand'. A trait that I like and I was left impressed with our conversation. The dosimetrist, Damien (and I hope I've spelled his name correctly) was instrumental in connnecting me with Dr. Burnett, and for that I was most appreciative.


In digression, my day began with a call to the office of Memphis Lung Physicians, whereupon I was informed that they didn't have much information beyond the fact that Pop is scheduled for a bronch and pulmonary effusion removal Monday morning. All of which I knew, of course, but they were most pleasant and cooperative.


My call to the West Clinic was met with more information than I'd received since Pop's release from the hospital. Damien and Dr. Burnett were effusive in their respective explanations for the delay in treatment, yet they were as aggressive in their determination to treat this cancer as rapidly and effectively as possible. Picture John Wayne and Matt Dillon riding into a lawless town perpared to kick butt...that's the impression I was left with, and I certainly pray that God works through their gifts and leads them to a successful conclusion to this initial round of treatment.


That's it for now...as I seem to be in a reflective mood. A mood not neccessarily given to the technicalities of what next week will bring.

No comments: